Primrose 'Bumblebee' | 10.5cm Pot
Welcome the beginning of spring with this stunning primrose variety...
Widely recognised as the Primrose plant, Primulas will always make a reliable choice for novice gardeners. With some varieties flowering as early as January, it is understandable why the name 'Primula' was selected. Deriving from the Latin term 'Primus', which translates to 'first', Primulas are the perfect plants for ringing in the gradual onset of spring. Aside from offering valued winter interest, Primulas are highly versatile; they will offer a dazzling display when planted en masse, or amongst spring flowering bulbs, and can even be grown in boggy areas. Make sure that you plant your Primula in well-drained soil that receives a moderate amount of sun, and they will reward you with beautiful blooms for the years to come.
- Supplied As: 10.5cm pot
- Flowering Period: February to March
- Special Care: Deadhead flowers that appear spent
- Preferred Location: Sun or part shade
- Plant Habit: Compact
- Fresh from the Nursery- Our perennials and alpines are dispatched directly from expert growers, based within Southern England. There is no sitting around in garden centers or fulfillment centres, so you rest assured that your plant will arrive fresh, healthy and in perfect condition.
- Vibrant Flowers
- Early Spring Colour
- Hardy and Easy to Grow
- Sustainable Packaging
Lovingly grown by our trusted nursery in England, each bedding plant will be grown in perfect conditions to allow them to develop beautiful flowers and foliage. Once ready, they will be dispatched directly to your door.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, your bedding plants will be delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will keep your plants safe and secure on their journey to your home.
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
- Watering: Before planting your bedding plants, it is important to provide them with a generous watering. This can be done by letting the roots of each plant submerge in a bucket of water. Once all air bubbles have escaped, allow each plant to drain. If you are planting your bedding plants in a hanging basket, you will need to water them more frequently (ideally once a day).
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Feed: To really flourish, your bedding plants should have adequate feed. You can either add a slow release fertilizer to their compost, or mix feed into their watering on a weekly basis.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Flower Colour||Red, Yellow|
|Flowering Month||February, March|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||10.5cm Pot|
|Shop By Category||Bedding & Perennials|