Primula rosea 'Grandiflora' | 10.5cm Pot
A hardy Primula sporting eye-catching pink blooms
A hardy perennial, this Primula will form gently nodding, vibrant pink flowers from tall linear stalks. The sunny yellow centre of each flower beautifully complements their surrounding petals, making this perennial perfect for embracing a warmer scheme. 'Grandiflora' is suited to boggy soils, and as such, makes a good waterside plant.
Plant in the middle of a border for a pastel-coloured display.
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Moist, well-drained soil with sun
- Eventual Height & Spread: (Up to) 100cm (39"), 50cm (20")
- Special Care Advice: Full sun is preferred
- Arrives As: 10.5cm Pot
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||10.5cm Pot|
|Sale Type||3 for 2 - 10.5cm Bedding/Perennial|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|