Prunus 'Fragrant Cloud' (Shizuka Cherry) - 9L Pot
The leaves of this beautiful flowering plant are a soft, delicate green in spring and summer. Come autumn, they fade to a mellow orange, creating a medley of colours. Combined with the semi-double flowers, which are white in spring and fade to pink as the season wanes, this tree will add a burst of colour to your garden.
- Flower Colour: white in spring, pink in summer
- Foliage Colour: dark green in summer, orange/red in autumn
- Approx. Growth Height: 6m
- Comes in a: 9L polypot (not a rigid pot)
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 150-170cm
- Tree is approx. 3 years old with a 1 year old rootstock
- Flowering Period: spring (April - May)
- Growing Habit: bushy, half standard, fans
- Hardiness: hardy
- Exposure: sheltered, exposed
- Rate of Growth: max. height in 10 - 20 years
- Scented: mildly
- Wildlife friendly - attracts bees and other pollinating insects
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: acid, alkaline, neutral, clay, loamy, sandy
- Moisture: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile
Caring and Maintenance
Water young trees regularly until roots are well established. Trim annually from mid to late summer. Apply some fertiliser in spring in order to promote healthy growth. Optionally, mulch in spring. Check tree ties regularly and loosen any if necessary to avoid rubbing of the stems.
- Planting Distance: 6m minimum
Suited to almost all well-drained and moderately fertile soils with pH between 4.5 and 7.5 in a sheltered, full sun or partial shade location.
Before planting your tree, clean up all wandering weeds and keep a clean ring around the tree base. Water well during the first year until well established.
Autumn is the best season for planting trees, as the soil moisture and heat allow easier and faster root establishment and regeneration of damaged root systems.
This is an example of our polypot - note the fruit/ornamental trees we stock will vary in appearance according to species and season.