Prunus 'Kanzan' | Cherry Blossom Tree
The classic cherry blossom tree
The Japanese Flowering Cherry is one of the most sought-after trees from the flowering cherry ranges, and for good reason. This deciduous plant boasts intense pink double flowers with the leaves changing from bronze when the plant is young, to a deep red in spring and light green £156.99in summer, creating a medley of colours throughout the year.
The bold nature of the Japanese Flowering Cherry means it's not suitable for paved areas but the unique shape and colours make it a perfect avenue tree.
Cherry trees are famously hardy and will require little care and attention once established. The stunning ornateness of the tree brings life to any area in where it's planted.
- Habit: Upright
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Flower Type Double
- Foliage Colour: Green (Summer), Orange (Autumn)
- Features: Spring Blossom, Autumn Colour
- Supplied As: Bare Root
- Height on Arrival: 1.5m (5ft)
- Age: 2 Years with 4 Year Rootstock
- Rootstock: Colt
- Eventual Height & Spread: 4m x 4m (13 x 13ft)
- Hardiness: Cherry blossom trees can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore these mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Position: Cherry blossom trees are best planted in full sun, however they will also cope in more shaded locations.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your cherry blossom’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your tree of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease. Try to also avoid compressing the soil when planting.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|