Prunus x subhirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea' (Autumnalis Rosea Rosebud Cherry) - 9L Pot
The Autumnalis Rosea cherry is a small deciduous tree of spreading habit that is a favourite among gardeners due the intermittent blooming of its semi-double pale pink flowers, which can appear in autumn, spring, and winter. So while other trees are bare and lifeless, this cherry tree still looks beautiful.
The Autumnalis Rosea Cherry won't block much sun from reaching your other plants so could be useful planted in a border.
See alternative Autumnalis Rosea trees below:
- Comes in a: 9L polypot (not a rigid pot)
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 150-170cm
- Tree is approx 2 years old with a 4 year old rootstock
- Approx. Growth Height: 6m
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Foliage Colour: Green in spring and summer/yellow in autumn
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Tolerance: Frost tolerant, fairly drought tolerant once established
- Growing Habit: Bushy
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Exposure: Exposed, sheltered
- Rate of Growth: Moderate
- Scented: Flowers are fragrant
- Wildlife friendly - attracts bees and other pollinating insects
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: chalk, clay, loam, sand
- Moisture: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile
Caring and Maintenance
Water young trees regularly until roots are well established. Trim annually from mid to late summer. Apply some fertilizer in spring in order to promote healthy growth and a good crop. Optionally, mulch in spring. Check tree ties regularly and loosen any if necessary to avoid rubbing of the stems.
Suited to almost all, well-drained and moderately fertile soils with pH between 6.5 and 7.5 in an exposed or sheltered location in full sun.
Before planting your tree, clean up all wandering weeds and keep a clean ring around the tree base. Water well during the first year until well established.
Autumn is the best season for planting trees, as the soil moisture and heat allow easier and faster root establishment and regeneration of damaged root systems.
This is an example of our polypot - note the fruit/ornamental trees we stock will vary in appearance according to species and season.