'Queen Rose' Cardinal Flower - Lobelia fulgens - 3x 9cm Pots
The 'Queen Rose' is a clump-forming perennial with upright leafy stems. It bears dense spikes of red tubular, two-lipped flowers from summer through until autumn. It thrives in moist conditions, so it is a great plant for a bog or waterside location.
- Foliage Colour: reddish bronze
- Flower Colour: red
- Approx. Growth Height: 75cm
- Max. Spread: 40cm
- Flowering Time: summer and autumn
- Planting Time: spring
- Uses: in ponds, bog gardens, wildflower gardens
- Exposure: sheltered
- Growing Habit: clump-forming, erect
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max. height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: partial shade, full sun
- Moisture: poorly drained or moist but well drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, chalky, loamy, sandy, clay
Plant in deep, fertile, permanently moist soil in a full sun or partial shade location. Suitable for edging, near water, or in a mixed or herbaceous border.
This plant is suitable for zone 1 of a pond.
Caring and Maintenance
This is a very hardy, low maintenance plant. Water adequately during dry and hot periods. Optionally, fertilise every two weeks in spring and early summer to improve flowering. Plants may be trimmed as they die back in particularly hot summers.
Below is a comparison of pot sizes. From left to right: 9cm Pot, 1L Pot, 3L Pot