Red Emperor Mimulus cupreus - 3x 9cm Pots
Mimulus cupreus is a short-lived herbaceous perennial with toothed, oval leaves and vivid, red, trumpet-shaped flowers. It blooms in the summer, and will add a splash of colour to your garden.
- Flower Colour: red
- Foliage Colour: green
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 10cm
- Flowering Time: summer
- Uses: gardens, beds and borders, garden edging, ground cover
- Growing Habit: spreading, branched
- Exposure: sheltered
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: will reach maximum height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Soil Requirements: loam, chalky, sandy, clay, neutral, acid, alkaline
- Moisture: boggy conditions, pond/in water
Plant in reliably moist soil in full sun or partial shade. Great for bog gardens and boggy damp conditions.
Caring and Maintenance
No pruning required. Water regularly during dry periods.
Plant in reliably moist soil in full sun or partial shade. It will grow in shallow pond margins and in bog gardens. If growing in a pond it should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away. This plant is suitable for zones 1 & 2 of a pond.