Red Emperor Mimulus cupreus - 1L Pot
Mimulus cupreus is a short-lived herbaceous perennial with toothed, oval leaves and vivid, red, trumpet-shaped flowers. It blooms in the summer, and will add a splash of colour to your garden.
- Flower Colour: red
- Foliage Colour: green
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 10cm
- Flowering Time: summer
- Uses: gardens, beds and borders, garden edging, ground cover
- Growing Habit: spreading, branched
- Exposure: sheltered
- Hardiness: H2-H3 moderately hardy
- Rate of Growth: will reach maximum height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Soil Requirements: loam, chalky, sandy, clay, neutral, acid, alkaline
- Moisture: boggy conditions, pond/in water
Caring and Maintenance:
No pruning required. Water regularly during dry periods.
This plant will thrive in very moist soils in full sun or partial shade.
A perennial is a plant that lives for more than two years. Perennials are flowering plants which grow and bloom over the spring and summer and then die back every autumn and winter. They typically grow structures that allow them to adapt to living from one year to the next through a form of vegetative reproduction rather than seeding. Perennial plants often have deep, extensive root systems which can hold soil to prevent erosion, capture dissolved nitrogen before it can contaminate ground and surface water, and outcompete weeds. They grow very well in conditions that are poor in resources due to their earlier emergence in the spring, and the development of larger root systems which can access water and soil nutrients deeper in the soil.
Below is a comparison of pot sizes. From left to right: 9cm Pot, 1L Pot, 3L Pot