Rhododendron 'Percy Wiseman' | 3L Pot - Rhododendron Yakushimanum
Exquisite peachy pink blooms
'Percy Wiseman' is one of the most popular Rhododendron renowned for its hardy, compact, nature and reliable profuse flowering in May. Deep evergreen leaves provide the background to an abundance of pink buds opening to the most wonderful shade of peachy pink blooms which, as we move into summer, fade to lighter cream. With its gorgeous colour this Rhododendron would look brilliant planted in a bed or border. It is happiest when placed in a sheltered spot, facing any aspect except north, in the partial shade in moist, well-drained soil. 'Percy Wiseman' has been awarded the Award of Garden Merit given by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), which helps gardeners make informed choices about plants.
- Flowering Period: April-July
- Flower Colour: Peachy Pink
- Evergreen: Yes
- Size: Dwarf
- Features: Startling Colour
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 30cm (1ft)
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.2m x 1.2m (4 x 4ft)
Your shrub will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day, and at your door the following. Our expert nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning shrubs, and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your shrubs will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. Your plant will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
- Dig a hole that is twice the radius of your plant’s rootball. Make sure that you drench the rootball before planting.
- Place the pot in the planting hole, and make sure that it sits no lower than an inch below the ground.
- Fill the planting hole with a mix of ericaceous compost and garden soil, finishing with ericaceous fertiliser and mycorrhizal fungi. Take care to not compress the soil.
- Once you are happy with your efforts, give your Camellia a generous watering.
- Add mulch on top (whether bark and wood chippings, compost, manure, leaf-mould, and stones), and make sure that the mulch doesn’t touch the stem. Please note, the organic materials should come from acidic sources such as conifers.
- Hardiness: Rhododendron species can mostly be found in temperate regions such as the Himalayas, so are well suited to the UK's climate.
- Position: Rhododendrons thrive in dappled shade, so a few hours of sunlight a day will be perfectly sufficient. If you are to plant in full sun, be sure to apply mulch, which protects their delicate roots from strong sunlight.
- Soil: Rhododendrons are suited to acidic soils below 5.5pH, and anything above this will reduce the amount of nutrients they can absorb. You can increase the acidity of your soil by watering with rainwater and using pine needles, conifer bark, and ericaceous compost as mulch.
- Pots: Planting in pots is recommended as it can be difficult to maintain acidity in garden soil. Using ericaceous compost (and ericaceous fertiliser) is essential, but it may need replacing once in a while.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Features||Dwarf Rhododendron & Azaleas, Evergreen Rhododendron & Azaleas, Flowering Shrubs, Plants For Spring Blossom, RHS Award Winning Rhododendron & Azaleas, Shrubs For Shade|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||Yes|
|Colour||Orange & Yellow|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Shrubs|