Rubus 'All Gold' | Raspberry Bush
A gold star cultivar
A holder of the RHS 'Award of Garden Merit' this vigorous autumn fruiting cultivar is a primocane variety producing fruit on the first years growth. All Gold has a similar growth habit and cropping potential to Autumn Bliss but the fruit is a very distinctive rich gold colour with a taste that is sweeter and superior to Bliss. The large yellow berries are excellent eaten fresh but are also used to make delicious wine. An excellent variety for growing in pots/containers where the long canes can be trained up an obelisk or bamboo cane wigwam.
- Harvesting Period: Autumn
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20cm (8 Inches)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread:1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|