Rubus 'Glen Lyon' | Raspberry Bush
Excellent easy to grow, early-fruiting variety
Outstanding modern Scottish variety, disease-resistant and virtually spineless, producing very heavy crops of firm juicy fruit over a long picking season. This early - mid season variety is moderate in vigour with an upright habit. The cane are spine-free and produce heavy crops of beautiful glossy fruit, moderate in size. The fruit is orange-red in colour and has a round to slightly conical shape. The berries are firm with a good acidic raspberry flavour. Lyon has good disease resistance to aphid virus, cane botrytis & leaf spot virus. The fruit has a good shelf life and freezes well.
- Harvesting Period: Summer
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20cm (8 Inches)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|