Rubus 'Glen Prosen' | Raspberry Bush
Easy to grow variety ideal for first time growers
Widely used commercially, 'Glen Prosen' produces extremely high yields of very good quality round, firm fruits of medium-large size and excellent flavour. The fruit holds well on the cane and is easily removed from the plug when picked. The cane are spine-free upright and vigorous. Heavy cropper. Resistant to aphid and virus. Easy to grow and control variety.
- Harvesting Period: Summer
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20cm (8 inches)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|