Rubus 'Joan J' | Raspberry Bush
Huge berries with superb flavour
Joan J is an outstanding primocane variety. A heavy cropper of juicy, sweet tasting berries that are significantly larger than Autumn Bliss with a brighter colour and superior flavour. Long cropping period from July through to September. Freezes exceptionally well. Spinefree. A highly recommended variety!
- Harvesting Period: Autumn
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20cm (8 Inches)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|