Rubus × loganobaccus 'Ly654' | Loganberry Plant
Loganberry LY654 thornless 3L
Originating from California, this cross is possibly the best known of the hybrid berries. This thornless raspberry/blackberry hybrid produces very high yields of enormous, long, cone-shaped berries ripening from mid July. Loganberries have an excellent aromatic flavour, they are juicier but sharper than raspberries. The fruit is ideal for all purposes and is best cropped when they turn deep red in colour. Bushy vigorous growth and the branches need permanent support so is ideal for training against a wall or fence.
- Arrives as: 3l Pot
- Approx height on arrival: 45-60cm
- Shrub is approx. 3 years old
- Fruit: Deep red berries
- Flower Colour: White
- Foliage Colour: Green
- Approx. Growth Height: 1.5m
- Approx Spread: 2m
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Harvesting Period: Mid July
- Tolerance: Drought tolerant once established
- Growing Habit: Bushy
- Self pollinating: Yes
- Uses: Eating fresh, smoothies, sauces, jams/ preserves
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: max. Height in 3-4 years
- Scented: Yes
- Wildlife friendly - Attracts bees and other pollinating insects, provides food for birds
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Shop By Category||Fencing and Screening|