Rubus 'Malling Leo' | Raspberry Bush
The lastest fruiting summer variety perfect for extending the season
The last of the summer varieties to bear fruit making it ideal for extending the season. Large firm fruits with a superb aromatic flavour. The berries are a strong orange-red colour. Although not the heaviest of croppers, the cane are tall and vigorous with good resistance to both aphid and botrytis. Good for freezing.
- Harvesting Period: Summer
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20cm (8 Inches)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|