Rubus 'Octavia' | Raspberry Bush
Excellent late fruiting summer variety perfect for extending the growing season
Bred at East Malling Research, Octavia is named after the Roman month of August thereby suggesting its fruiting period, bridging the gap between summer and autumn fruiting varieties. Widely used commercially, the large juicy fruits are uniform, firm & have a superb sweet flavour. The succulent berries are well displayed in prominent clusters and are easily plugged for a trouble-free picking experience. It is a moderately vigorous variety that prolifically crops all the way down to the base of the fruiting cane. Octavia is particularly noted for its excellent shelf life. Exceptionally hardy, having been known to survive -30 degrees! An excellent choice for the home garden.
- Harvesting Period: Summer
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied As: 5x Bare Root
- Height on Arrival: 20cm (8 Inches)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|