Rubus 'Polka' | Raspberry Bush
The raspberry with the longest cropping season - June till first frost
Superb primocane Autumn fruiting variety bred in Poland. Renowned for the exceptional quality and consistency of its fruit. The large firm berries are conical in shape, medium red in colour and superb sweet, aromatic flavour and an outstanding shelf life. The fruit ripens approximately ten days earlier than Autumn Bliss and continues until the first frosts, giving heavier cropping potential. Polka provides a double cropping potential, the first being on the new seasons growth from August through until October, and then again the following June. The vigorous cane are virtually spine-free and have good disease resistance.
- Harvesting Period: Autumn
- Estimated Time to Best Yields: 2 Years
- Uses: Eating Fresh, Jam-Making, Cooking
- Supplied AsTitle: 5x Bare Root / 3L Pot
- Supplied By: 5x Bare Root Primrose-Supplied Canes / 5x Bare Root James McIntyre-Supplied Canes / 3L Pot Primrose-Supplied Bush / 3L Pot James McIntyre-Supplied Bush
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 20cm (8 Inches)
- Planting Distance: 40-60cm
- Eventual Height & Spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5 x 4ft)
- With bare root plants, you should soak their roots in water for up to 2 hours before planting, while with potted plants, you should drench their rootball.
- Hardiness: Native to the UK, your blackberry or raspberry plant is well accustomed to the milder climate.
- Position: Planting in full sun is always recommended, however they still tolerate light shade.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your plant of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|