Rudbeckia 'American Gold Rush' | 13cm Pot
A compact Rudbeckia forming golden flowers with contrasting black centres
A cherished cultivar, 'American Gold Rush' will produce yellow flowers with outward-growing petals and large black centres. Boasting a pastel green shade, its foliage grows in an upright manner, which creates a neat, yet slightly swaying silhouette. Whether planted en masse in a wild garden, or positioned in a sunny border, the pairing of gold and black makes this Rudbeckia a must-have for any warm planting scheme. These eye-catching flowers can also be cut and added to a vase for indoor decoration.
Planting TipPlant en masse to create a vivid prarie-style scheme...
- Flowering Period: July to September
- Preferred Location: Well-drained soil receiving full sun
- Height and Spread: (Up to) 0.6m, 0.6m
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 13cm
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||13cm Pot|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|