Rudbeckia 'Summerdaisies Choco Sun' | Rudbeckia X Gaillardia | 3L Pot
A hybrid Rudbeckia producing yellow flowers with unique chocolate-coloured discs
A hybrid cross between a Rudbeckia and Gaillardia, this stunning cultivar sports sunny yellow petals, that surround a chocolate-coloured central disc; perfect for attracting bees.'Summerdaisies' has been bred from tissue culture, and therefore possesses the best features of both genuses. As such, this perennial will flower prolifically, and is also a very strong plant. 'Summerdaisies' is a wonderful choice for borders, and is even better in a container, where it can easily be given shelter in winter.
- Flowering Period: Summer to the first frost
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Fertile, free-draining soil with full sun or
- light shade
- Eventual Height and Spread: 0.6m, 0.4m
- Special Advice: Provide shelter from frost, or plant near a south or
- west-facing wall
- Pot Size: 3 litres
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Yellow and Chocolate Colouring
- Flowers Prolifically
- Easy to Grow
- Great for Containers
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Location||Perennial Plants For Pots|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|