Salix alba 'Britzenis' (Scarlet Willow) - 9L Pot
This hardy plant will brighten up your garden in all seasons. In spring, the yellow flowers give a delicate colour, but the tree really comes alive in autumn and winter, where the red and orange stems make a fantastic contrast to dull winter garden foliage. Easy to care for and rewardingly beautiful, let the Scarlet Willow bring colour and cheer to your garden.
- Flower Colour: yellow
- Foliage Colour: green in spring/summer
- Stem Colour: orange/red in autumn/winter
- Comes in a: 9L polypot (not a rigid pot)
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 150-170cm
- Tree is approx. 3 years old with a 1 year old rootstock
- Approx. Growth Height: 12m
- Flowering Period: spring
- Growing Habit: bushy
- Hardiness: hardy
- Exposure: sheltered, exposed
- Rate of Growth: reaches max. height in 20-50 years
- Scented: no
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Soil Requirements: acid, alkaline, neutral, clay, loam, sand
- Moisture: moist but well-drained, well-drained
Caring and Maintenance
Propagate by softwood cuttings in early summer or hardwood cuttings in winter. Water young trees regularly until roots are well-established. Trim annually from mid to late summer. Apply some fertiliser in spring in order to promote healthy growth. Optionally, mulch in spring.
- Planting Distance: 8.5m minimum
Suited to almost all well-drained and moderately fertile soils with any pH, in a sheltered, full sun location.
Before planting your tree, clean up all wandering weeds and keep a clean ring around the tree base. Water well during the first year until well established.
This is an example of our polypot - note the fruit/ornamental trees we stock will vary in appearance according to species and season.