Salvia 'East Friesland' | 2L Pot
Spikes of striking purple flowers, ideal for enhancing the centre of a border
Salvia nemorosa 'East Freisland' will bear thick spikes of vibrant purple flowers that emerge above a compact bed of warm green foliage. This Salvia is therefore wonderful for enriching the centre of your garden's borders with beautiful flowers and greenery. This variety is much appreciated by bees and butterflies, and as such, your Summer garden will inevitably attract plenty of beneficial wildlife.
- Flowering Period: July to November
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Moist, well-drained soil. Full sun or partial shade.
- Height and Spacing: 50cm (20"), 50cm (20")
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 2 litre
- Fresh from the Nursery
- Pretty Purple Flowers
- Generous Flowering Period
- Loved by Pollinators
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
Planting TipPlant differing perennials throughout your garden for a colourful display!
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Features||Scented Perennial Plants, Tall Perennial Plants|
|Location||Perennial Plants For Pots|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||2L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|