Scarlet Monkey Flower Mimulus cardinalis - 3x 9cm Pots
Mimulus cardinalis is a clump-forming perennial with dark green foliage and vivid red flowers. It makes an ideal waterside plant, and is low maintenance as well as eye-catching.
- Flower Colour: red
- Foliage Colour: dark green
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 40cm
- Flowering Time: summer
- Uses: gardens, beds and borders, bog gardens, pond margins
- Growing Habit: clump-forming, spreading
- Exposure: exposed or sheltered
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: will reach maximum height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: loam, chalky, sandy, clay, neutral, acid
- Moisture: boggy conditions, pond/in water
Caring and Maintenance
Remove faded flower spikes as necessary, and add compost to improve soil moisture. Propagate through division, seeds, or softwood cuttings.
Plant in reliably moist soil in full sun or partial shade. It will grow in shallow pond margins and in bog gardens. If growing in a pond it should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away. This plant is suitable for zones 1 & 2 of a pond.