3x Scouring Rushes - 3x 1L Pot - Equisetum hyemale
The Scouring Rush is a spreading, evergreen perennial. It has a reed-like appearance due to its hollow, green and black ridged stems. Brown fruits, in spring and summer, sit atop the fertile stems. Plant in boggy soil or in a basket in pond margins.
- Arrives as: 3x 1L Pots
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 0.4-0.8m
- Stem Colour: Green all year
- Flower Colour: Brown in summer
- Approx. Growth Height: 1.4-1.8m
- Max. Spread: 2m
- Planting Time: Spring
- Flowering Time: Summer
- Uses: Pond margins, Bog gardens
- Exposure: Sheltered
- Growing Habit: Arching, Erect
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: Max. height in 2-5 years
|Supplied AsTitle ||Price ||Link |
|£16.99 || |
|1L Pot |
|RRP £13.99|| |
|3 x 1L Pot |
|£27.99 || |
|3L Pot |
|RRP £19.99 || |
|5L Pot |
|£32.99 || |
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Moisture: moist but well drained, boggy damp conditions, marginal plant
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, loamy, clay
Plant in moist soil or in pond margins with 5cm of water above the pot/basket. Aquatic and marginal plants should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away. As this plant can be invasive, a basket is even more important, as it prevents the plant from spreading. This plant is suitable for zones 1 and 2 of a pond.
Caring and Maintenance:
This is a hardy, very low maintenance plant that needs no special attention. Just be sure to maintain the conditions described in the planting section.
Marginal and pondside plants add interest, colour and structure to ponds. The plants can be positioned around the perimeter of a pond or on levelled shelves for original and attractive exposure. Marginal plants should be planted in boggy ground or shallow water for optimal growth results.