Seaside Bulrush Scirpus maritimus - 3L Pot
The Seaside Bulrush is a perennial plant that spreads via rhizome and seed growth. It has an approximate growth height of up to 1.5m and can grow up to 20cm in water, which makes it perfect as an aquatic marginal plant.
- Foliage Colour: green
- Flower Colour: dark brown
- Approx. Growth Height: 1.20m - 1.5m
- Flowering Time: June and July
- Uses: bog gardens
- Rate of Growth: medium
- suitable for medium and large ponds
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Moisture: moist, moist but well drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, boggy, loamy, sandy, clay
Plant in bog gardens or in shallow water with a depth of up to 20cm. This plant is suitable for zones 1 & 2 of a pond. Aquatic and marginal plants should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away.
- Planting Depth: up to 20cm
Pond Plant Benefits
Marginal and pondside plants add interest, colour and structure to ponds, and offer the benefit of delightful fragrance. They are ideal for places near to patio or decking areas, where their sweet aroma can be appreciated. The plants can be positioned around the perimeter of a pond or on levelled shelves for original and attractive exposure. Marginal plants should be planted in boggy ground or shallow water for optimal growth results.