Sedum spurium 'Coccineum' | 10.5cm Pot
Blanket rockeries with star-like, vivid pink blooms
Appreciated by bees and other pollinating insects, Sedum spurium 'Coccineum' features unique purple-tinged foliage, and come summer, will blanket gardens with starry red flowers. With a low spreading habit, 'Coccineum' is well suited to rock gardens, and its purple and red colours are ideal for establishing some late summer warmth. To maintain this perennial's compactness, cut back after flowering.
Plant in a rock garden for long-lasting colour...
- Flowering Period: Early to late summer
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Well-drained soil with full sun
- Eventual Height and Spread: 10cm (4"), 50cm (20")
- Special Advice: Cut back after flowering
- Arrives As: 10.5cm Pot
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Eventual Height||Under 0.3m|
|Supplied As||10.5cm Pot|
|Awards||Perfect For Pollinators|
|Sale Type||3 for 2 - 10.5cm Bedding/Perennial|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|