Sedum telephium 'Purple Emperor' | 3L Pot
Enjoy pretty rose flowers until late autumn with this hassle-free Sedum...
Flowering from August to October, Sedum 'Purple Emperor' features dark green foliage with chocolate undertones, topped with large umbels of dusky rose flowers. Easy to grow and requiring no specific care, this Sedum is great for the beginner gardener, and is also suitable for containers. Aside from being hassle-free, 'Purple Emperor' is loved by bees and other pollinating insects. After flowering, give your plant a light pruning to preserve their shape.
Plant with other cooler-hued perennials for a woodland-like display...
- Flowering Period: August to October
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Well-drained soil receiving full sun
- Eventual Height and Spread: 0.6m, 0.45m
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3 litres
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Location||Perennial Plants For Pots|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Foliage Colour||Brown, Red|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Awards||Award of Garden Merit|
|Location||Border, Rockery, Patio|