Sidalcea 'Elsie Heugh' | 3L Pot
Add beautiful shapes and pretty colour to your garden with this Sidalcea variety
'Elsie Heugh' features upright stems of pale pink, single blooms. With each petal lightly fringed, this perennial will add pretty shapes to a cottage garden. Elsie Heugh is an alternative to Hollyhock, which is both disease resistant and does not self-seed. Due to its noteworthy qualities, this variety has proudly achieved the Royal Horticultural Society's 'Award of Garden Merit'.
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Preferred Location: Well-drained soil
- Height and Spread: 1 metres, 0.5 metres
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Pot Size: 3L Pot
- Fresh from the Nursery Our perennials and alpines are dispatched directly from expert growers, based within Southern England. There is no sitting around in garden centers or fulfillment centres, so you rest assured that your plant will arrive fresh, healthy and in perfect condition.
- Disease Resistant
- Generous Flowering Period
- Environmentally-Conscious Packaging
- Plant differing perennials throughout your garden for a colourful display!
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Common Name||Prairie Mallow|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Supplied As||3L Pot|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|