Slender Sweet Flag 'Ogon' Acorus gramineus 'Ogon' - 3x 9cm Pots
Acorus gramineus 'Ogon' is a deciduous, clump-forming, grass-like perennial with narrow, yellow and green striped leaves. It is ideal for boggy conditions and pond margins.
- Foliage Colour: bright yellow, yellowish-green
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 50cm
- Uses: gardens, borders, bog gardens, pond margins
- Growing Habit: clump-forming
- Exposure: sheltered
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: will reach max height in 5-10 years
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: clay, loamy, chalky, sandy, acid, alkaline, neutral
- Moisture: moist, poorly drained
Caring and Maintenance
Acorus gramineus is a low maintenance, easy to care for plant. Propagate by division and replanting in spring. Cut back after flowering in early autumn if necessary. Divide every few years to prevent congestion, and keep in a cool, bright area.
Plant in container or in aquatic basket, and plant out when fully established. This plant will thrive in moist, boggy soil in full sun.
- Plant spreading: up to 60cm
This plant is suitable for zones 1 & 2 of a pond.
Perennials are flowering plants which grow and bloom over the spring and summer and then die back every autumn and winter. They live for more than two years and typically grow structures that allow them to adapt to living from one year to the next through a form of vegetative reproduction rather than seeding. Perennial plants often have deep, extensive root systems which can hold soil to prevent erosion, capture dissolved nitrogen before it can contaminate ground and surface water, and outcompete weeds. They grow very well in conditions that are poor in resources due to their earlier emergence in the spring and their development of larger root systems, enabling them to access water and soil nutrients deeper in the soil.