Beautiful naturally bushy specimen or screening plant. A mass of white flowers in drooping racemes in spring, wonderful autumn foliage.
|Discounts for quantity |
- Flower Colour: none
- Foliage Colour: green, butter yellow in autumn
- Approx. Growth Height: 8m (26ft)
- Flowering Period: none
- Tolerance: shade tolerant, pollution tollerant
- Growing Habit: upright
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Rate of Growth: slow-medium
- Final Size if Untrimmed: large shrub
- Wildlife: Attracts bees and other insects. Berries in summer will attract birds.
- Arrives bare-root at a height of 125-150cm (2ft-3ft)
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Soil Requirements: acid, neutral, clay, sand, avoid thin chalk soil
- Moisture: well drained
- Planting Distance: 30-40cm (1ft-1'4"")
Snowy Mespulis hedging will grow in most well drained soil and can tolerate both full sun and partial shade.
Snowy Mespulis can be planted from November to March, when the hedge is dormant. Ensure that the area where you are going to plant the hedge is clear and weed-free.
Caring and Maintenance
Cut back plants to 15-30cm (6in-1ft) on planting. In first summer trim side branches lightly to encourage bushing out. In the second year (February to March) cut back growth by half. Throughout the second summer trim side branches to maintain sides that taper towards the top. In the second autumn cut the topmost branch (‘leading shoot’) to the desired hedge height. Trim every June after that.
Maintain at 90-120cm (3-4ft).