Solanum 'Rocket' | Seed Potato
1kg "Rocket" Seed Potatoes
When they were first released in 1987, Rocket potatoes were the quickest-growing variety. While other varieties have since been bred to do the same, Rocket is undoubtedly one of the earliest to crop. Their ability to grow high yields of good-looking, evenly sized potatoes has made this variety very popular. Rocket potatoes are round with a waxy texture, yellowish skin, and a mild taste. They are great for boiling or using in salads. The plants are good for container growing and have a good resistance to blackleg, common scab, and spraying.
- Size: 1kg Bag
- Type: First Early
- Hardiness: Protect tubers from frost
- Planting Time: March - April
- Planting Depth: 10cm (4 Inches)
- Planting Distance: 25cm (10 Inches)
- Harvesting Time: June - August
- Uses: Boiling, Salad
Based in the heart of England, our trusted nursery will sow and grow thousands of organic vegetables and herbs each year. When each plant reaches the optimum time to be planted in your garden, we will dispatch it directly to your home. Plant Theory vegetables are entirely organic, and are importantly grown in soil that has been tested by the Soil Association, on an English farm that treats quality and sustainability as of utmost importance.
Each plant is grown and stored in plastic-free materials, and for this we are very proud. These include the biodegradable fibre pots that each vegetable is grown in (which can be placed straight in the ground). When ready, they will be carefully wrapped up in specially-designed and sustainably-sourced cardboard packaging. We additionally use moisture-resistant wax paper to keep every plant safe, and subsequently fill each box with straw for added padding. All packaging will be extensively trialled to ensure that your plants arrive safely, but we will still utilise a delicate-parcels courier just to be certain.
- Unpack your plants: Preferably straight after they arrive, you should carefully unpack your plants. They may appear slightly tired after their journey, however they will soon perk up again.
- Identify each plant: Each type of plant (but not each individual plant) will be clearly labelled. Lay them out into their respective plant types (such as wild rocket, cauliflower, or peas).
- Provide a drink: The roots of your plants may be dry, so provide all of them with a nourishing drink of water. Ensuring that the roots are stood upright, submerge the roots of each plant for a few minutes in a container of clean water.
- Their position: For the best results, plant your vegetables in a site that receives full sun.
- Soil types: You should always avoid waterlogged soils. This is because they can lead to root rot and compacted surroundings, which will hinder your vegetables’ growth.
- Planting distance: Plant your plugs between 15 - 20cm apart, and keep their stems level with the soil. Each row is best spaced 15 - 30cm away from one another.
- Watering requirements: Water when planting, and also during periods of drought.
- Hardiness: Our trusted nursery staff will attentively care for your vegetables, and only deliver them when it is warm enough for them to be planted in your garden.
Potatoes are easy to grow. Below we address some common queries:
- Hardiness: protect potatoes from frost.
- Planting In Pots: suitable for growing in planters or bags, but make sure excess water can drain.
- Position: plant in the sun with partial shade for best results.
- Soil Types: plant in fertile, well-drained soil.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|