Sorbus 'Joseph Rock' (Joseph Rock Mountain Ash) - 9L Pot
Striking small tree, with finely formed foliage that turns to vibrant red and purple in autumn. Large heads of creamy white flowers in spring are followed by heavy bunches of brilliant yellow berries, much loved by birds.
- Flower Colour: white
- Foliage Colour: green in spring and summer, red/purple in autumn
- Approx. Growth Height: 12m
- Comes in a: 9L polypot (not a rigid pot)
- Approx. Height on Arrival: 150-170cm
- Tree is approx 3 years old with a 1 year old rootstock
- Flowering Period: spring
- Growing Habit: bushy
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Exposure: sheltered, exposed
- Rate of Growth: max. height in 10 years
- Scented: no
- Wildlife friendly - attracts bees and other pollinating insects
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Soil Requirements: acid, neutral, clay, loamy, sandy
- Moisture: well-drained, moist but well-drained, moderately fertile
Caring and Maintenance
Water young trees regularly until roots are well established. Trim annually from mid to late summer. Apply some fertilizer in spring in order to promote healthy growth. Optionally, mulch in spring. Check tree ties regularly and loosen any if necessary to avoid rubbing of the stems.
Suited to almost all well-drained and moderately fertile soils in either an exposed or sheltered location with either full sun or partial shade.
Before planting your tree, clean up all wandering weeds and keep a clean ring around the tree base. Water well during the first year until well established.
Autumn is the best season for planting trees, as the soil moisture and heat allow easier and faster root establishment and regeneration of damaged root systems.
This is an example of our polypot - note the fruit/ornamental trees we stock will vary in appearance according to species and season.