Spring Green Cabbage Plants |10 Plants | By Plant Theory
Cabbage plants yielding large, pale-green crowns
Recognised as a dwarf variety, these green cabbage plants will bear large-sized, pale-green crowns that are encircled by generously-sized leaves. Down to individual preference, each cabbage can be harvested when small and tender, or once their heads have fully matured. Plant during Spring to enjoy a versatile treat from July through through to the beginning of Autumn.
Plant Theory Vegetables
At our farm in Cornwall, we sow and grow thousands of organic vegetables and herbs each year. When each plant reaches the optimum time to be planted in your garden, we will dispatch it directly to your home. Plant Theory vegetables are entirely organic, and are importantly grown in soil that has been tested by the Soil Association, on an English farm that treats quality and sustainability as of utmost importance.
We believe that anyone, regardless of ability, can successfully grow their very own plants at home, in both an environmentally-friendly and sustainable manner. Every person deserves to experience the benefits that plants can bring into our lives, and we have put plenty of effort into ensuring that our products are easy to grow - even for beginners.
Sustainability is at the very heart of our ethos, and our entire offering is as enviromentally-conscious as possible, be it our plastic free, fully recyclable packaging, GM-free seeds, or ethically-sourced compost.
- Pot Size: 32 x 32 x 43mm (bare-rooted cell)
- Height on Arrival: 10 - 15cm
- Planting Location: Partial shade or full sun
- Planting Distance: 20 - 30cm
- Planting Period: Late April to July
- Harvesting Period: June to December
Each plant will be grown and stored in plastic-free materials, and for this we are very proud. Plants are grown in biodegradable fibre pots, which can be placed straight in the ground. When ready, they will be carefully wrapped up in specially-designed and sustainably-sourced cardboard packaging. We will additionally use moisture-resistant wax paper to keep every plant safe, and subsequently fill each box with straw for added padding.
All packaging will be extensively trialed to ensure that your plants arrive safely, and we will even utilise a delicate-parcels courier just to be certain.
When Your Plants Arrive...
- Unpack your plants - Preferably straight after they arrive, you should carefully unpack your plants. They might appear slightly tired after their journey, however they will soon perk up again.
- Identify each plant - Each type of plant (but not each individual plant) will be clearly labelled. Lay them out into their respective plant types (such as wild rocket, cauliflower, or peas).
- Provide a drink - The roots of your plants may be dry, so provide all of them with a nourishing drink of water. This can be done by ensuring that the roots are stood upright, and submerging them for a few minutes in a container of clean water.
Planting Your Vegetables or Herbs...
- Their position: For the best results, we encourage you to plant your vegetables into a site that receives full sun exposure.
- Soil types: It is important that you avoid waterlogged soils. This is because they can lead to root root and compacted soils, which will retard vegetable growth.
- Planting distance: You should plant your plugs between 15-20cm apart, and further ensure that their stems are level with the soil. You should also make sure that the rows are spaced 15-30cm away from each other.
- Watering requirements: Water when planting, and during periods of drought.
- Hardiness: We will attentively care for your vegetables, and only deliver them when it is warm enough for them to be planted in your garden.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Type||Brassica & Leafy Greens|
|Supplied As||Potted Vegetables|
|Shop By Category||Vegetable Plants|