Star Jasmine | Trachelospermum jasminoides
Evergreen, fragrant climber with glossy leaves and white spoke-like flowers
The flowers of Trachelospermum jasminoides is arguably the most delightfully fragrant of any flower anywhere. It is no wonder we use Jasmine so profusely in products! Able to climb up to 8 meters and bloom in abundance it’s fragrance can fill any garden leaving the air fresh and sweet.
The small star-like white flowers which keep throughout summer are accompanied by dark-green glossy foliage. ‘Star Jasmin’ grown up a columnar trellis is perfect to be trained up pillars, over arches or to border a door. The hanging flowers like droplets of snow give a delightful charm to any garden whether pristine or reclaimed. The leaves will turn a bronze-shade in winter and will prefer a South-facing, sheltered area. Prune back after flowering to protect against frost and feed during summer for a more vigorous plant.
Primrose instant climbing plants are provided fully covering the cane for instant impact when added to your garden.
- Flowering Period: April-October
- Flower Color: White
- Scented: Yes, Strongly
- Suitable for Shade: No
- Features: Repeat Flowering, Fragrant
- Supplied As: 18L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 1.2m (4ft)
- Growth Rate: Medium (1m Annually)
- Eventual Height & Spread: 8m x 6m (26 x 20ft)
Your climbing plant will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day and at your door the next. Our specialist nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning climbing plants and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your climbing plant will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. It will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
- Hardiness: The climbing plants we stock will are well accustomed to colder environments, so they are perfectly suited to the UK’s weather.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve it of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|