Start your terrarium growing experience on the right foot with our stunning range of purpose-designed belly bottles. This terrarium kit contains a 5-litre bottle with cork, and a telescopic shovel and rake to arrange your plants alongside all the soil, charcoal and substrate you need to construct your own ecosystem.
Along with the glass jar, you’ll also receive compost, gravel, activated charcoal and a funnel for easy application of these materials.
Terrariums have been around since Victorian times, having first been developed to bring plants back from various corners of the globe. The plants arrived in excellent condition, kept living by its own contained eco-system within the sealed glass container. It became incredibly popular and soon many people had variations in their homes.
Although the popularity eventually petered off, they’ve come back into fashion again! With far more access to plants and information on how to grow a healthy and happy terrarium, this is the best time to get started on your new indoor gardening endeavour!
Remember not to place your terrarium in direct sunlight. This bottle is indoor use only.
- Grow your own enclosed garden indoors! This kit supplies you with the items you need to get started, just add the plants you want
- Extendable tools to work with – This kit contains a telescopic shovel and rake so you can make adjustments easily through the narrow neck of the bottle
- Planting kit included – This set also includes compost, gravel, activated charcoal and a funnel
- Height: 33.1cm (1ft 1in)
- Width: 21.2cm (8¼in)
- Depth: 21.2cm (8¼in)
- Capacity: 5 litres
- In this set :
- 1x 15 litre bottle with cork
- 1x funnel
- 1x bag of terrarium soil
- 1x tub charcoal
- 1x bag of terrarium stones
- Button Fern
- Baby’s Tears/ Angel’s tears
- Starfish Plant
- Silver Nerve Plant
Stay away from:
- Succulents and semi-succulents - These plants will eventually rot in terrariums because a closed ecosystem is too humid and wet for them
- Plants with large roots - There is only so much soil available, keep small plants so their roots don’t overwhelm each other
Buy just the bottle
This terrarium bottle is also available on it's own for thise who want to start completely from scratch or want to use this versatile bottle for other uses.
Why not enjoy your terrarium throughout the night with this handy Solar cork.