Thymus serpyllum | 10.5cm Pot
Adorn parts of your garden with an abundance of pretty mauve blooms
Belonging to the Mint family, this Creeping Thyme sports masses of small mauve blooms, that will form a generous blanket for their glossy, aromatic foliage. Due to its compact, spreading habit, this perennial is perfect for creating gorgeous ground cover, where it will gracefully cascade over smaller-sized rocks. Come autumn, this perennial's foliage will mature to a stunning golden shade, but can be evergreen if the winter is mild.
Plant along a path to create swathes of pastel colour...
- Flowering Period: Late spring and summer
- Soil and Sun Exposure: Well-drained soil with full sun
- Eventual Height and Spread: 10cm (4"), 50cm (20")
- Special Care Advice: Cut back after flowering to keep the compact shape
- Arrives As: 10.5cm Pot
Our perennials and alpines are lovingly grown by our trusted nursery, based in England. Once ready, each flourishing plant will be dispatched directly to your home.
Sustainability is one of our priorities, and as such, our perennials and alpines are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging. Aside from being recyclable, they will additionally keep them nice and secure on their journey.
- Watering: During your perennial or alpine's first growing season, you should provide them with frequent waterings. Try to also avoid wetting the foliage to reduce the risk of disease.
- Deadheading: To promote a long flowering period, you should deadhead any flowers that appear spent. Simply rescind each flower at their base, taking care to not cut other parts of the plant.
- Dividing: To really flourish, your perennials can be divided every three to four years. They can be divided when they begin to show less flowers, or appear less healthy in the middle. Make sure to only do so when they aren't currently flowering.
Please note: Herbaceous perennials can die back in winter, so don't be alarmed if this happens and instead look forward to spring!
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Location||Perennial Ground Cover Plants|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Eventual Height||Under 0.3m|
|Supplied As||10.5cm Pot|
|Awards||Perfect For Pollinators|
|Ground Cover||Suited for Ground Cover|
|Sale Type||3 for 2 - 10.5cm Bedding/Perennial|
|Shop By Category||Perennial Plants|