|Traditional Apple Storage Rack - 13 Drawers|
- Keep your autumn harvest fresh right through to spring
- Storage Tips - find out some more information on how to store your fruit
- Traditional apple storage - great way to store apples in the traditional country manner
- Wire mesh and door latch - keep out any wildlife that want to eat away at fruit and vegetables, entirely vermin proof
- Made of pine - a lightweight and sturdy material whilst being natural and environmentally friendly
- Slotted drawers - simply slides out, easy access to your apples
- Comes fully assembled - no need for confusing instructions, our apple rack comes ready to use
- Multi-functional - perfect for storing both fruit and vegetables, keeping your produce fresh, no matter the season
- Wine storage - can be great for storing wine as well as fruit and veg
- 13 shelf capacity - plenty of storage space for your fruit and vegetables
- Slatted racks - allows air flow around your apples to help keep them cool, dry and fresh
- Height 1.56m (5ft 1½) x Width 55cm (1ft 9¾in) x Depth 59cm (1ft 11¼in)
- Weight approx 20kg
- Length: 45cm (17.7in)
- Width at widest point: 47.5cm (18.7in)
- Width at shortest point: 40.5cm (16in)
- Height: 5cm - 6.5cm (2in - 2½in)
| Fruit Storage|
The apple storage rack is the perfect way to store your apples in the traditional country manner. The slatted racks allow for sufficient air flow to keep the apples cool and dry, as well as prolong their shelf life and freshness, and if stored correctly will keep right through winter, well into spring. Though it may be called an apple storage rack, it is also great for storing some other fruit and vegetables as well, such as potatoes, garlic, onions and oranges to name but a few.
|Wire Meshing and Door Latch|
Stop wildlife gaining access to your juicy fruit! The sides, roof and door are protected by wire meshing, with a handy door latch to keep it shut tight against any pesky paws looking for an easy meal, making this apple storage rack completely vermin proof.
Our apple storage rack comes fully assembled and ready to use straight out of the box. This means there is no struggling with confusing instructions! Your storage rack arrives, you can place it where you wish, and you can immediately start storing all your fruit, wine and vegetables. Simple and straightforward, just how it should always be.
|13 Storing Trays|
The apple storage rack comes with 13 trays that slide out, making it easy to access your fruit, and with 13 trays full you will have plenty of fruit and vegetables waiting for you.
Hassle Free Process
Your traditional Apple Storage Rack will arrive in a large box, simply ready to immediately unpack and store your delicious fruit!
The storage rack arrives in a well packed secure box, ensuring that your beautiful traditional storage rack will arrive safely.
The great packaging means that this storage rack will reach you in perfect condition.
Simply remove from the box and voila, your Traditional Apple Storage Rack is fully assembled and ready to be put to use!
Compared to the minimal packaging the self-assembly storage racks arrive in, our fully assmbled rack is packed with time and care, meaning you can rest assured that your storage rack will reach you in great condition.
As you can see with storage racks that require self assembly, removing the product from the box is the first of many steps before you can put the rack to use. All that is required to set up our beautiful storage rack is to simply remove from the box and relax!
Please note: The images above depict the small 73cm high apple storage rack, the larger sizes will also be delivered fully assembled, just in a larger box!
Here are some handy tips for helping to get the most out of your apple storage rack:
- Keep your apple storage rack in a garage, cellar, or a cool room
- If you can, try to space out the fruit so they aren't touching
- Only store firm and unblemished apples, as damaged fruit can go mouldy and ruin the entire lot
- Damaged apples are great for making cider, apple juice, and chutney
- Wrap each individual apple in newspaper to help them keep for longer
- Check produce regularly and remove any that show deterioration
- Cooking apples store better than eating apples, especially the late ripening varieties
- Can apply similar rules to other produce
Reviewed Tuesday, 8 November 2016
"Delivery very speedy and the apple storage racks were just what we needed."
Reviewed Wednesday, 19 October 2016
"You have lots of products on the website I have found it difficult to find elsewhere."
Reviewed Sunday, 25 September 2016
Reviewed Sunday, 25 September 2016
"I chose this rack as it was delivered assembled and had a door, offering some rodent protection. It is just as I expected and I am pleased so far, expecting it will also be serviceable once in use (our apple harvest has not yet begun)"
Reviewed Monday, 12 September 2016
"Our order was delayed but they kept us regularly informed on progress which was great"
Reviewed Tuesday, 19 April 2016
"The proof will be in the long-term durability, but at present the rack appears well made, especially for the price, and is storing apples. Additional information about clearance height of the drawers would have helped (they do vary, and that is fine), as some of the drawers don't have enough clearance to close when large cooking apples are stored in them."
Reviewed Wednesday, 23 December 2015
"I was aware previous reports critised the quality & i agree it is poor. i also was aware that the wire mesh was inadequate--too large to prevent mouse entry & not complete, ie no under-mesh so a mouse, without too much initiative, could easily enter. I have had to re-mesh & re-work some attachment joints.
Needs much improved quality control and further consideration to the specification to ensure it is fit for purpose."
Reviewed Monday, 2 November 2015
"Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with this apple storage rack. Your comments have been passed on, and we hope if you have any more suggestions for product improvement you will get in touch."
"Could do with wire mesh underneath too but overall quite good"
Reviewed Tuesday, 10 February 2015
"lovely product, could not fit the catch as wrong size, spent £5 on a brass catch with a knob, much better than original design."
Reviewed Monday, 29 December 2014