White Cardinal Flower - Lobelia siphilitica alba - 3x 9cm Pots
The White Cardinal Flower is a clump-forming perennial with upright leafy stems. It bears dense spikes of light white, tubular, two-lipped flowers from summer through until autumn. It thrives in moist conditions, so it is a great plant for a bog or waterside location.
- Foliage Colour: light green in spring, summer and autumn
- Flower Colour: white
- Approx. Growth Height: 70cm
- Max. Spread: 40cm
- Flowering Time: August - September
- Planting Time: spring
- Uses: bog gardens, pond edges, wildflower gardens
- Exposure: sheltered
- Growing Habit: clump-forming, erect
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: max. height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: partial shade, full sun
- Moisture: poorly drained or moist but well drained
- Soil requirements: acidic, neutral, alkaline, chalky, loamy, sandy, clay
Plant in deep, fertile, permanently moist soil in a full sun or partial shade location. Suitable for edging, near water, or in a mixed or herbaceous border.
This plant is suitable for zones 1 & 2 of a pond.
Caring and Maintenance
This is a very hardy, low maintenance plant. Water adequately during dry and hot periods. Optionally, fertilise every two weeks in spring and early summer to improve flowering. Plants may be trimmed as they die back in particularly hot summers.