A deciduous, bushy, upright hedging plant with stout densely bristled stems, pure white flowers and attractive veined foliage. Will stand any amount of trimming.
|Discounts for quantity |
- Flower Colour: white
- Foliage Colour: bright green
- Approx. Growth Height: 1-1.5m (3'3"-5ft)
- Flowering Period: summer
- Tolerance: tolerant to most soils
- Growing Habit: bushy
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Rate of Growth: medium
- Final Size if Untrimmed: medium sized shrub
- Wildlife: fragrant flowers attractive to bees and insects. Rose hips in autumn attract birds.
- Arrives bare-root at a height of 45-60cm (1'6"-2ft)
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Soil Requirements: all soil types
- Moisture: well-drained, moist but well-drained
- Planting Distance: 75-90cm (2'8"-3ft)
Ramanas Rose hedging will grow in almost all moist, well-drained soil and thrives best in full sun. Ramanas Rose hedging can be planted from November to March, when the hedge is dormant. Ensure that the area where you are going to plant the hedge is clear and weed-free.
Caring and Maintenance
After planting it is important to ensure that the hedge does not dry out and the soil should always be moist. While the hedge is young it can be cut back by one third which encourages bushy growth, and trimmed between May and August. When the hedge reaches maturity it can be trimmed twice a year, once in late May and again at the end of August.