Wisteria floribunda 'Macrobotrys' | 3L Pot | 60-90cm
Amazing bi-coloured flowers. Possibly the prettiest of all wisteria.
- Flowering Period: May
- Flower Colour: White/Purple
- Scented: Yes
- Best Location : Pergola
- Twining: Clockwise
- Suitable For Shade: No
- Features: Repeat Flowering
- Supplied As: 3L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 70-90cm (2-3 ft)
- Growth Rate: Very Fast (Up to 3m Annually)
- Eventual Height & Spread: 10m x 20m (30 x 60ft)
Your climbing plant will be sent directly from our trusted grower, based in the heart of England. This means that you’ll receive a nursery fresh plant which was on the growing table one day and at your door the next. Our specialist nursery has spent decades perfecting the art of watering, feeding, and pruning climbing plants and will do so until hours before they are packed.
Your climbing plant will be expertly packaged into a specially designed, extra thick cardboard box, which will hold it securely in place. It will then be delivered via a delicate courier network to prevent any chance of damage in transit.
Please note: where your plant is supplied with a pot, your plant's 'Height on Arrival' includes the pot
- Hardiness: Wisteria originates from climates that have far colder climates than that of the UK, so they will make a fully hardy addition to your garden.
- Position: Wisteria plants require full sun, and only sinensis varieties are suitable for light shade. As a rule, wisteria species with long racemes look best when growing up pergolas, while species with short racemes look best when growing up a wall. We therefore recommend that you buy floribunda varieties for pergolas and sinensis, and brachybotrys and frutescens varieties for walls. Lastly, as wisterias form thick woody roots, you should avoid having to re-plant them.
- Soil: Belonging to the legume family, Wisteria is able to fix nitrogen from the atmosphere, so does not require as much fertilising as other plants do. Your wisteria will flourish in most soils that are not compacted or waterlogged.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
- Hardiness: The climbing plants we stock will are well accustomed to colder environments, so they are perfectly suited to the UK’s weather.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your plant’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve it of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing its roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Deciduous|
|Features||Scented Climbing Plants|
|Flower Colour||Purple, White|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|
|Annual Rate Of Growth||3m|
|Supplied As||2L-3L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Climbing Plants|