Yellow Bachelor's Buttons Ranunculus flore pleno - 3x 9cm Pots
Ranunculus flore pleno is an erect, clump-forming, herbaceous perennial with palmately lobed leaves and open panicles of yellow, rosette-like flowers. It blooms in early summer, bringing a cheery touch of colour to your garden to herald the beginning of brighter days.
- Flower Colour: bright yellow
- Foliage Colour: green
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 1m
- Flowering Time: summer
- Uses: gardens, beds and borders
- Growing Habit: clump-forming, spreading
- Exposure: exposed or sheltered
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: will reach maximum height in 2-5 years
- Light Requirements: full sun, partial shade
- Soil Requirements: loam, chalky, clay, neutral, acid
- Moisture: moist, well-drained
Caring and Maintenance:
This plant is very low maintenance. Water regularly during dry periods. Propagate through division in the autumn.
Plant in humus-rich, fertile soil which is moist but well-drained, in full sun or partial shade.
A perennial is a plant that lives for more than two years. Perennials are flowering plants which grow and bloom over the spring and summer and then die back every autumn and winter. They typically grow structures that allow them to adapt to living from one year to the next through a form of vegetative reproduction rather than seeding. Perennial plants often have deep, extensive root systems which can hold soil to prevent erosion, capture dissolved nitrogen before it can contaminate ground and surface water, and outcompete weeds. They grow very well in conditions that are poor in resources due to their earlier emergence in the spring, and the development of larger root systems which can access water and soil nutrients deeper in the soil.