Floating Heart Nymphoides Peltata - 1L Pot
Nymphoides Peltata is an aquatic perennial with solitary yellow or white flowers with fringed petals held just above the surface of the water. It is a charming variety with rounded, bright green, mottled leaves, and its long-stalked flowers grow up to 2.5cm in diameter in the summertime.
- Foliage Colour: green
- Flower Colour: yellow
- Approx. Growth Height: up to 15cm
- Max. Spread: 1.5 - 2.5 metres
- Flowering Time: June - August
- Uses: zone 4 of a pond, bog gardens
- Exposure: exposed, sheltered
- Habit: submerged
- Hardiness: hardy
- Rate of Growth: medium
- Suitable for small, medium and large ponds
- Light Requirements: full sun
- Moisture: moist, poorly drained
- Soil Requirements: neutral, acid or alkaline, clay or loam
- Optimum planting depth: 20 - 60cm
- Ideal planting container: large aquatic planting basket
Aquatic and marginal plants should be placed in pond plant baskets filled with aquatic soil (sold separately) and topped with a thin layer of gravel to help prevent the soil from washing away. Do not allow the plant to dry out: immerse in water immediately after potting. This plant is suitable for zone 4 of a pond.
Caring and Maintenance:
Propagate by runners removed in summer. Insert a tablet of aquatic plant fertiliser into the soil each spring.
Deep ornamental plants grow in the deeper parts of the pond, rooted in the bottom or in planting containers. Leaves and flowers grow up on long stems and float on the surface of the water. Their blossoms will bring beauty to your pond and the flowering leaves will give cover to fish and other aquatic life, as well as provide shade which helps to reduce algae growth.