Pinus flexilis 'Vanderwolf's Pyramid' | 7L Pot | 120-150cm | By Frank P Matthews
Handsome silvery blue foliage
A slow growing very attractive upright Arolla pine with soft blue-grey needles.
- Habit: Upright
- Foliage Colour: Blue
- Features: Evergreen, Winter Interest
- Supplied As: 12L Pot
- Height on Arrival: 60-90cm
- Age: 2 Years
- Eventual Height & Spread: 10m x 3m (30 x 10ft)
Pots and Packaging
Larger pots (2L and above) are wrapped in waxed paper and then attached to a cardboard base so they stay stable in the box. The waxed paper prevents the compost from spilling out and gives the base some added protection from damp compost. For large numbers of plants, pallets may be used for shipping.
The nursery will ensure the plant is moist while it's waiting to be picked up. Our quality control team waters the plant before packing them where necessary to make sure that the plant is suitably watered for transport. Plants with long delicate stems are secured with canes to prevent damage.
Plant on Arrival
Typically plants are delivered ready to plant and will take some time to settle, grow and look more like the product image above.
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore the UK’s mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for shady areas of the garden, but do benefit from full sun.
- Soil Types: Soil types can remain an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nevertheless, less than ideal conditions will hinder their growth. Waterlogged soils will starve your conifer of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis, causing its roots to rot and creating the perfect environment for disease.
- Planting in Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so using a mix of ericaceous and garden soil is recommended. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can topple your plant.
Advice on hot and droopy plants
If your plants are looking a little wilted right now, don’t worry! Plants like to be filled with water to keep their structure, and when it’s hot that water evaporates.
Just give them an off-schedule watering and they’ll be right as rain in no time! Be careful not to flood them - plants don’t like extremes.
- Hardiness: Conifers can be found growing in far colder regions than the UK and therefore our mild winters will not affect them.
- Position: Conifers make an excellent choice for the shaded parts of your garden, but they will also appreciate full sun.
- Soil: Soil types can be an unwelcome confusion as many plants will adapt to their conditions. Nonetheless, less than ideal conditions will certainly limit your conifer’s growth. Waterlogged soils will starve them of oxygen, which plays a key role in photosynthesis; causing their roots to rot and creating an optimal environment for disease. Similarly, compressed soils can starve a tree of oxygen and water, so do not compress their soil.
- Pots: Conifers do well in pots and benefit from slightly acidic soil, so we advise you use a mix of ericaceous and garden soil. With upright varieties, opt for a square pot, as high winds can cause your conifer to topple over.
Primrose is the place to be to Discover Everything Garden.
We were created in 2003 to become the UK's largest online-only garden centre. Thousands of plants, planters, awnings, garden furniture sets, water features and more line our digital shelves, and we're ready to fill your garden with comfort, quality, colour and style.
If you'd like to find out more, check out our 'About Us' page.
We want you to be happy with your purchase from the moment it arrives, but if you aren't you have the right to return it within 14 days. Just head to our Returns Page, send us an email, receive a returns number and fire your product back to us.
We'll refund the full cost as well as standard delivery.
Highlands and Islands
We calculate delivery costs at checkout based on your entered postcode, so you'll know at that stage if your chosen product can be sent to you. If you have any queries, please head to Contact Us and send over a form, or visit our Help Centre.
|Deciduous Or Evergreen||Evergreen|
|Features||Evergreen Trees, Winter Interest Plants|
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||Yes|
|Foliage Colour||Blue, Green|
|Supplied As||6L-8L Pot|
|Shop By Category||Ornamental Trees|