Terms and Conditions
Peace of mind guarantee
We want you to be delighted with the products you buy from us, which is why we guarantee that we fully comply with your rights to return items under the Distance Selling Regulations. Please read our Delivery and Returns for full information.
The following form part of our terms and conditions:
All sizes are overall and measurements are approximate although we do try to ensure they are as accurate as possible.
Some of the products we sell such as fencing and screening are natural products made using traditional techniques. Please do not assume that they will have the precision or consistency of machine-made products.
We're here to help, and we're always happy to do our best to give advice over the phone. However, if the information you require is critical to your decision as to whether to buy or not, you must get it in writing if you might need to rely on it to resolve any potential misunderstandings.
Plants Terms and Conditions
We make every effort to ensure that all our plants are of the highest quality and are fully inspected prior to dispatch. If however you feel that the plant received is not in reasonable condition then please contact us IMMEDIATELY. Please bear in mind the following:
- Is it in season? Plants will look different depending on the time of year. Out of season plants may be very bare in winter periods
- The images on the site are generally of a mature plant; what you ordered may have been a plug. A plug is a developing plant, nurtured through the early growth stages in a small container of nutrient rich compost/potting soil, ready to be 'plugged' into your garden. Please check your order confirmation if at all unsure.
- Where plants are supplied in pots, the pot is included in the plant's height specification
It's important that you take an image of plant as soon as possible so there is no doubt as to its condition when it was received. We may request the plant is returned to us for further investigation so we can establish the cause of the problem.
Not Planting Until The Weekend?
Should you receive your plants but have no plans to transplant within 24 hours then please bear in mind they are 'Live'. Please ensure you open the packaging, water the plant and expose it to daylight until you are ready to plant. See care instructions for individual details.
Please note: We are unable to deliver any plants to the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Republic of Ireland or countries outside of the UK.
Please our full list of product warranties.
Why do some Water Features come without a plug?
We don't always supply a plug with a water feature, it depends on the product, style of feature, pump supplied and likely location that the product maybe installed. All of our products are designed for ease of installation there are however, a specific set of rules set out by the building regulations which must be adhered too: "Building Regulations - Part P" this is a government directive which states that any NEW PERMANENT household or garden electrical supply must be installed by a competent Part P Certified electrician. Some of our products wont require a permanent installation, its worth considering a number of things in order to ensure you safely install your feature or seek the help and advice of a qualified electrician.
- Where are you going to place your product?
- Is there available power already in the garden? - outdoor sockets for example.
- Will it be permanently in this location?
- Do you have existing power in the garden near the location?
If in any doubt seek the advice of a Part P Certified electrician. Full details of Part P available here.
Henri Water Features - Home Delivery Terms and Conditions
1. Delivery is to the nearest kerbside or hard-standing by a tail lift vehicle
2. Goods cannot be left on a public road or pavement
3. The unloading area must be smooth and level with no slopes, and also be large enough to accept a heavy goods vehicle
4. Deliveries are made Monday - Friday only, between 8am and 5pm
5. Delivery between 7-10 working days
- Delivery is NOT with a crane lift or Hiab
- Goods are delivered using a tail-lift at the rear of the vehicle with a hand pump truck
- The product cannot be pushed uphill or downhill or on gravel drives or lawns
You will receive a phone call to arrange the delivery between the hours of 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, however if an arranged delivery is attempted and there is nobody to provide a signature, it will be taken back to the depot and re-delivered on another day but will incur a re-delivery charge which is to be paid direct to the carrier to enable re-delivery of the goods. If possible it is preferred that you provide a mobile phone number.
If your order is dispatched by a Marketplace Seller
If your item is dispatched by a Marketplace/Third Party Seller the purchase confirmation e-mail sent by Primrose can serve as a record of your purchase so please feel free to print a copy of this for your records. If you need a VAT invoice, you'll need to contact the Seller directly to ask for one.
Buyers authorise Primrose to act as their limited representative solely to conclude on their behalf sales contracts directly between them and the sellers for sales of goods via the Service. While Primrose helps facilitate transactions that are carried out using the Service, Primrose is neither the buyer nor the seller of the seller's items. Primrose is not an auctioneer. Primrose provides a venue for sellers and buyers to negotiate and complete transactions in accordance with the provisions of this Participation Agreement. Primrose is not the agent of the seller. Accordingly, the contract formed at the completion of a Fixed Price Sale is solely between buyer and seller. The enforcement of any contractual obligations arising out of the completion of a transaction using the Service is the responsibility of the buyer and seller that are party to that transaction. Primrose is not obliged to mediate between buyers and sellers or enforce or execute fulfilment of any contract. Buyers and sellers use the Site and the Service at their own risk. Subject to the terms of this Participation Agreement, the seller will resolve any subsequent dispute directly with the buyer.
Late deliveries and other problems.
We do of course make every effort to ensure that your order will arrive within the delivery times shown on the website. Unfortunately, on rare occasions this may not always be possible. Should your order be delayed or fail to arrive when expected, please contact us immediately and we will do our best to resolve any problems. (Please note that our liability does not extend to providing compensation for late or failed deliveries.) We make every reasonable effort to ensure that your order meets - and hopefully exceeds - your expectations. Of course, in rare cases things can sometimes go wrong and we will always do everything we can to rectify any problems in a quick and satisfactory manner. However please note that we cannot be held responsible for any resulting additional expense you may incur unless with our prior agreement.
The celebrities named or featured on Primrose.co.uk have not endorsed, recommended or approved the items offered on this site.
If you would like a copy of our terms and conditions, please highlight the text, then copy and paste into a document (eg Word) on your computer.We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice and so you should view them each time you visit our website. Your use of this website signifies your agreement to these terms and conditions. They constitute a contract between you and us governing your use of this website. If you are a consumer your statutory rights are not affected by this agreement.
Once you place an order with Primrose, you will receive an order acknowledgment email stating the items you have ordered. This does not constitute acceptance of your order.
Acceptance is acknowledged when your order has been shipped from our warehouse or suppliers.
Non-acceptance of your order may be due to: being unable to authorise your payment, the product being unavailable, a product pricing or description error.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay Later 30
- Pay in 3 instalments
- Pay Now
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
Copyright and use of our images and videos.
Images, videos and text on this site are copyright Cercis Ltd or our suppliers. Please contact us if you wish to use one of our images or videos: use of our images or videos without our permission is theft.
Images and videos owned by Cercis Ltd may be hired for an initial fee of £1000 + VAT per image or video plus £100 + VAT per week per image or video. Your use of one of our images or videos on your website signifies your agreement to these terms and conditions. They constitute a contract between you and us governing your use of these images or videos.
On occasion we have used images that have been released into the public domain under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic license or the GNU General Public License. In these cases the specific images are required to be redistributed under the same or similar licence.
Primrose is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Primrose is the trading name of Cercis Ltd. Registered address: Company Number 14521244, Registered Office - Nursery Court, London Road, Windlesham, Surrey, GU20 6LQ
WEEE - Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
New government regulations called The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations encourages people to recycling old electrical products, rather than throwing them away.Electrical goods are the fastest growing waste stream in the UK, growing by 5% each year. Each year in the UK we go through over 1.2 million tonnes of electrical waste.
Over 75% of waste electrical goods end up in landfill, where lead and other toxins contained in These items can cause soil and water contamination which, in turn, can have a very harmful effect on the environment and human health.
Many of the electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending waste electrical goods to landfill.
In order to protect the environment for future generations it is important that we are all aware of the consequences of our actions and learn what we can do to make a difference.
Look for this symbol
Electrical and Electronic Equipment that was made after June 2006 should display this symbol on the packaging or product. It means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations and every effort should be made to recycle it. All our electrical products display this symbol.
The Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations
Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Primrose are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to our business premises in person at
44 Portman Road
(please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.
Distributor Take Back Scheme
Primrose are fulfilling their distributor obligations as a member of the WEEE Distributor Take Back (DTS) Scheme.The DTS is designed to fulfil the obligations of distributors. The DTS supports a national network of collection facilities where consumers can dispose of their household WEEE free of charge for environmentally sound treatment and recycling.
Recycle your old electricals
Please ensure that your old Waste Electricals and Electronics are recycled in accordance with the regulations. Please do not throw them away with your domestic rubbish as they will not be recycled.
Contact your local council, or click on www.recycle-more.co.uk and click on Bank Locator to find your nearest recycling point.
The security of your personal and credit card details is of the highest importance to us.
If you place your order online, no human being will ever be able to see your complete card details - this is why ordering online is safer than using your card in a store, where someone could see your pin number over your shoulder.
We use the latest Internet encryption with 128 bit SSL software developed by RSA Data.
When you are ready to enter your credit card details on the secure page, your browser will automatically inform you that encryption is being used.
Furthermore, all data stored on the secure server is encrypted again and protected by a firewall, the specification of which has been recognised by the major banks. You can confirm the security of your connection to the checkout page by checking the bottom of your browser window. When the connection is secure you will see a closed lock.
All of the written, photographic, design and audio content of the website www.primrose.co.uk is the copyrighted property of Cercis Ltd and none of this content may be used without our permission.You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and / or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain at all times vested in us.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website.
Promotions can not be used in conjunction with each other unless otherwise stated.
Free delivery promotion excludes pallet deliveries, Christmas Trees, next day delivery, premium delivery, highlands and islands.
Online Christmas Giveaway
Eligibility to Enter
- The Free Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter or its affiliate companies, their families, cohabitants, agents, and anyone connected with the promotion.
- No purchase is necessary.
Method of Entry
- To enter, visit the Promoter’s Instagram channel @primrose.co.uk https://www.instagram.com/primrose.co.uk/
You must complete the actions required for entry in full.
- You will be asked to click follow on the Instagram profile, like the social media post promoting the giveaway and tag at least one other friend on Instagram you would like to win the smaller value prize. Entry to the Prize Draw will be automatic upon fulfilling all the terms of entry for the competition.
- No limit on the number of entries, every comment made will be taken into account as an entry for the competition.
- The start date of the promotion is Thursday 8th December 2023.
- The closing date by which entries must be received is Wednesday 13th December 2023 at 11:59 am.
- Only fully completed entries will be accepted.
- The Promoter will not communicate with you for purposes other than in connection with this Big Prize Draw.
- Entry must be made by the entrant, only at the Entry Site. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other address, including but not limited to commercial competitions, subscriptions, notification, and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Free Prize Draw. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
- No responsibility is accepted for any entries that are incomplete, ineligible, delayed, or are unable to be sent because of any technical or other reason.
Proof of sending the entry will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware, or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries, and entries that do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions, will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- There will be 1 winner.
- The winner will receive two bundle prizes.
- The higher value prize will be sent directly to the entrant’s choice of delivery address, and the lower value prize will be sent directly to the entrant’s friend they tagged in the comments section, to a delivery address of their choice.
- Both winners will be contacted directly via their Instagram accounts.
Prize 1, consists of:
One (1) 1.8m Starlight Pine Garland
One (1) Cushion 45x45cm Snowman Family
One (1) 50cm x 70cm white-wash willow tree skirt
One (1) 25cm bo-lit rope star
One (1) Christmas Decoration Santa Stop Here Projector
One (1) 3pc Red And Green Parcels
One (1) 304 LED digital tree lights for a 180cm tree
One (1) 30cm white glitter star tree topper
One (1) 1.1m Sleigh and Ski Garland
One (1) 24 colour-changing icicle lights
One (1) 58cm lit black heart traditional warm white
One (1) 10 starburst lights pastel multicolour
One (1) 20 twinkling starburst lights white
Five (5) Sets of 4 x 62cm lit red-white candy cane stake
Five (5) Sets of 4 x 62cm lit multicolour candy cane stake
One (1) 90cm tartan reindeer tree skirt
One (1) 50 bo timer berry lights red
Five (5) 4pc 30cm Silver Tree PathLight Pin Wire w 200 Warm White LED
One (1) Set of 10 bo candy cane string lights
Ten (10) 8cm red glitter shatterproof SANTA CAM ball
Prize RRP Value = £805.05
Prize 2, consists of:
One (1) 3pc Red And Green Parcels
One (1) 30cm white glitter star tree topper
One (1) 58cm lit black heart traditional warm white
Two (2) sets of 4 x 62cm lit red white candy cane stake
Two (2) sets of 4 x 62cm lit multicolour candy cane stake
One (1) 50 bo timer berry lights red
Two (2) 4pc 30cm Silver Tree PathLight Pin Wire w 200 Warm White LED
One (1) Set of 10 bo candy cane string lights
Five (5) 8cm red glitter shatterproof SANTA CAM ball
Prize RRP Value = £309.73
- The prize as stated, is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Should an original prize, or any part of it, become unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, but this is not guaranteed.
- The Free Prize Draw will be carried out on Thursday 14th December 2023
- The prize winner will be selected at random from all valid, completed entries.
- The prize winner will be notified via Instagram direct messaging the same day of the Free Prize Draw.
- Should a prize-winner not respond to the email within 2 days the Promoter reserves the right to allocate the prize to another entrant.
- The result of the Free Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- So far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion
b) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize
c) any act or default of any third-party supplier, which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions in any way limits the Promoter’s (or any other person or organisation’s) liability for (i) fraud, or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception, or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of the prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with such activity.
- Where the Promoter is unable to satisfy certain terms and conditions of this promotion due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the Promoter may modify such terms accordingly or, if necessary, suspend or discontinue the promotion.
- By entering the Free Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. They also agree to participate in any post-event publicity.
- Promoter: Primrose is the trading name of Cercis Ltd. Registered address: Company Number 14521244, Registered Office - Nursery Court, London Road, Windlesham, Surrey, GU20 6LQ