Photinia x fraseri 'Red Robin' | Photinia
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: most fertile, well-drained soils
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)To find out more about how to plant a hedge, click here.With its parrot-red, glossy young foliage, and large, rounded heads of ivory flowers, this versatile evergreen shrub is deservedly popular. It colours up best in full sun, and will usually only flower in sunny conditions, although it makes a handsome background evergreen shrub in partial shade, too. It can cope with hard pruning, so can be trimmed to form an informal hedge or clipped into strong shapes. The flowers appear in mid and late spring, and are sometimes followed by spherical red fruit. In frost-prone areas, train as a wall shrub against a south or west-facing wall.
- Eventual Height:4m
- Eventual Spread: 4m
- Toxicity: Fruits are ornamental, not to be eaten by humans or pets
Pots and Packaging
Larger pots (2L and above) are wrapped in waxed paper and then attached to a cardboard base so they stay stable in the box. The waxed paper prevents the compost from spilling out and gives the base some added protection from damp compost. For large numbers of plants, pallets may be used for shipping.
The nursery will ensure the plant is moist while it's waiting to be picked up. Our quality control team waters the plant before packing them where necessary to make sure that the plant is suitably watered for transport. Plants with long delicate stems are secured with canes to prevent damage.
Plant on Arrival
Typically plants are delivered ready to plant and will take some time to settle, grow and look more like the product image above.
|Needs Ericaceous Compost?||No|